Tuesday 7 December 2010

Scene@COP16: UNESCO





Hans Dencker Thulstrup, a familiar face for many in the Pacific region:

“I worked in the Pacific for eight and a half years with UNESCOs office in Apia Samoa which is the regional office for the small islands states, Australia and New Zealand I worked for the science programme in Apia for nearly a decade and I left the region in 2008 and I miss it!”

“I am now based at UNESCO’s headquarters in Paris, France. I work for the section on Small Islands Indigenous Knowledge we are here as part of the UNESCO delegation at COP16, partly to launch the new publication of a new manual called “Sandwatch: Adapting to climate change and educating for sustainable development”. It is an updated version of the “Sandwatch” manual that’s in use in some of the countries in the Pacific islands such as, Fiji, Palau, Cook Islands and, Kiribati. This is a new version that that has about 50% of additional new content and we’ll launch it on Friday which is a major event for us.”



No comments:

Post a Comment